Mailing Lists are simply a collection of your subscribers / prospects e-mail address and other details, such as their names etc.
They’re created so that you have instant access to potential customers, readers for your articles and ezines, and fans who can help you with future projects.
Creating an e-mail list is , in theory, quite simple. You just ask people for their details. But in practice that’s rarely enough. Here’s some techniques that have proven to work:
1. Use an autoresponder. You can create e-mail lists without one, including manually adding requests to a hand-built list (unbelievably, once done this way!). But why bother? Today’s autoresponders automate the entire process. They manage your contacts, manage unsubscribe requests, allow simple broadcasts, send out pre-made messages to a schedule, and much more.
You can install a script at your own site, such as “Autoresponse 3″ or you can use a third-party solution. The former means you have more control, and the second path may help with e-mail delivery since companies such as aWeber and Getresponse forge ties with the likes of Yahoo Mail to ensure your messages are received.
2. Use a bribe. If you have a form on your website asking for a prospects details, offering a gift in exchange for the information will help urge them to complete it. The gift needn’t be expensive to yourself: digital goods such as ebooks are often used. E-courses make especially good bribes since the material is provided over time, to the e-mail address, ensuring your subscriber stays with you at least in the short term and surely long enough to make an impression
3. Use a squeeze page. This is an e-mail request form that is in reality a front-end to the main website. In other words, you cannot access the site until you enter your details. In effect the entire site itself is the bribe.
(Continues after this message)
If you are interested in a top quality list-building package for under ten bucks, then check this out:
1. 17 Deadly but simple e-mail marketing techniques,
2. “Red Hot List Building” with Master Rights and Branding Rights,
3. The BBO Adwords Formula aka How To Build A List Of 5000+ With Adwords
4. Three PLR Bonuses (click offer to view)